Packing for a week in a carry-on bag is the biggest holiday challenge for me. I want to be comfortable, feel fashionable and pretty and still not incur excess baggage costs.
It starts with shoes …
Shoes are the most important item in my holiday wardrobe. Firstly I must be comfortable, and walking is always a huge part of the holiday. In addition shoes are the heaviest item in your luggage and when you have 10kg for a week’s worth of style some forward planning is needed.
I was recently introduced to Hotter shoes. These fabulous shoes have transformed my wardrobe and my foot comfort. So stylish and super comfortable. My pale blue Flare sandals are a dream to wear. They are seriously stylish but are so well designed that they even have fastenings that adjust – absolutely perfect for me as my feet swell in the hot weather.
Blue is a favourite colour for me – and like denim they go with everything!.
Red shoes, in my opinion are magical. Gorgeous soft buttery leather and a padded,shaped innersole make these Nirvana mary-janes so comfortable, while still being fashionable. The design of this shoe is perfect with dresses, leggings or jeans. Such a versatile choice that I know will take me through the seasons. A great choice for travelling!
How to pack for Summer sun
I start packing by laying out the clothes I think I want to take on the bed. Then, I count the days and consider contingencies. Most often do a bit of editing because we often take too much. The next items to go in are shoes. I normally travel with three pairs. For a summer holiday, a pair of flip flops, a pair of sandals and a pair of shoes suitable for walking and travelling. As I wear a lot of dresses, these all need to be pretty! My Hotter sandals and shoes in blue and red were the first items in the suitcase. A quick glance at my holiday wardrobe assured me that they were the perfect choice.
My packing checklist
This would be for a seven-day trip.
- Footwear – sandals, flip-flops, shoes
- Dresses x3 – normally a couple of maxi dresses and a shorter one. (I do wash and wear)
- Leggings x 1
- Tops (for leggings) x 2
- Modesty tops (Little vests to go under my dresses and protect my modesty somewhat)
- Capsule make-up and cosmetic collection (it all fits into a little zip lock bag)
- Hair – yes I take my heated rollers with me everywhere, hairbrush, hair ties and pins.
- Medication – I do have to take a good bit with me – so that is a second zip lock bag.
- Extras – travel adaptor, phone charger, my journal
- Accessories – a fold up beach bag, sunglasses, and a few key pieces of costume jewellery.
- Handbag – I checklist all the items in here too – no harm in being prepared.
Tick everything off the list and then roll pack. This way I fit everything I need in.
Yes, it can be done! Carry-on luggage only.
I wouldn’t have believed it could be done. It is possible to save on checked luggage and fit whatever you need into a little suitcase. I do think it is all about choices, and for me it definitely starts with choosing the perfect shoes.
This is a sponsored post by the fabulous Hotter Shoes. I was gifted the shoes which have honestly become my favourites. I wrote about choosing the shoes and the wonderful service offered by Hotter in this blog post.
Thank you for reading, and I hope I have inspired you to book that summer break – and save the cost of check-in baggage for a nice dinner out on holiday and maybe a glass of wine.