I am a real list maker. I make them on yellow pads, on notebooks, on the back of envelopes and more recently on ColorNote and Out of Milk – two great phone apps that do seem to make my life simpler.It also means the lists come with me rather than staying on my desk or the kitchen table.
All these methods work, but today I am reminding myself to make those lists count. There is great satisfaction in ticking things off!
In amongst the moving boxes, there are many lists being created. Here is my current list of lists
- Invitees for my going away party (back of an envelope)
- The Food and drink list for the party – as above and on Pinterest
- Boxes to be packed (notebook)
- Social arrangements before I leave (Yellow note)
- Shopping lists – (Out of Milk)
- Packing for my temporary home at my sisters – not started but I need a list for that!
- Work tasks to be finished (yellow note on my desk)
- Blogging ideas (ColourNote)
- TV watching (ColourNote)
- Ideas for new job (new notebook)
- Packing list for my trip to London
- Crafting and arty ideas (Pinterest) – important as I don’t want to forget those while all my stuff is packed up.
I think it is really important to use lists, simply because I forget things. An idea pops into my head that I know will make a great blog post and then when I sit down to write – whoosh it is gone.
I also tend to forget my phone charger when travelling and also my toothbrush. I won’t even consider that this is about getting older. I go with the idea that my mind is simply overfull and things tend to fall out!
Looking back on the list of lists, I think that I could aim to be a little better organised. Perhaps one place for making lists and do away with the numerous yellow notes and used envelopes.
I would love to hear your list tips and techniques.
Thanks for reading this Wednesday’s quotation post.