I sincerely believe that we have to treat ourselves. In the past (and sometimes in the present) treats often revolve around food. Cake or chocolate in front of the TV. I am trying to change, as I continue on my journey to improve my health. One of my favourite treats these days is a luxurious bath.
A bath can become a home spa with a bit of planning. A gift to the senses that is not only extremely pleasurable, but also really good for you. Read this post and start planning ladies, we all need some me time! Loads of lapping steamy water to luxuriate in and more importantly a complete switch-off with no interruptions.
In the rush of everyday life it is all about a quick shower, but you cannot beat a bath for pure indulgence. I find that an evening bath has all sorts of added benefits including the fact that it really helps me sleep – I get into bed all warm and cosy and completely relaxed. And, I am told that sleeping helps you loose weight so double win!
Here are my 7 essentials for a fabulicious bathtime.
- Scented candles. I love the flickering glow and the gorgeous scent. Tonight I indulged inUrban Apothecary London’s Peony Rose luxury scented candle from my Mother’s day treatment Glossy Box. I light the candle when I start running the bath and keep the door closed so that the aroma of the candle and the bath oils treat the senses.
- Lots of hot water – maybe it doesn’t need to be said, but I am one of those people who top up during the bath and I need to know that there is steamy water waiting for me.
- Oils. I used to love a good bubble bath but I am now a convert to oils. The lovely Elmis frangipani monoi oil from my ITWBN goody bag, a gift from the Raddison Blu in Galway. Although this is a body oil I find a few drops in the bath along with my cheat product (almond oil that I buy from the Asian food store) makes a really special bath. Aroma and moisturising – double benefit.
- Music: mellow jazz.
- A good book. Yes, I am a reader and I love reading in the bath. It is especially fun when it is a book that I can loose myself in.
- A fluffy soft bath sheet. As I am not skinny I like a towel that can wrap around me and keep me warm while I dry myself. If the heating is on I warm it on the radiator for an extra sensual experience.
- Luxury body lotion. Currently Naobay body radiance lotion from my Glossy Box again.
And then when I am super relaxed, my skin hydrated, I hop into my warm bed. Switch the light off and know that at least tonight I will get 6 to 8 hours sleep.
Thanks for reading and enjoy your bath!