Thank you to ashleighthebeautyaddict for nominating me for nominating me for the Liebster award. Great fun and I get to look at so many blogs. Honestly since I have been blogging I have learnt so much and ‘met’ such amazing people – I feel really honoured.
Here are the rules:
1) Thank and link back to the person(s) who nominated you and display the award
2) Answer their 11 questions the nominee asked
3) Give 11 random facts about yourself
4) Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
5) Notify the bloggers you chose for the award
6) Make a list of 11 different questions for your nominees to answer
My questions from Ashleighthebeautyaddict
One: What is the one makeup product you always ‘need’ to buy, yet you have a thousand different ones in the drawer?
Foundation – I seem to have developed a bit of an addiction for it. I must be my quest for a flawless skin. I promise I will use them all. I tend to swop and change depending on the occasion.
Two: Are you allergic to anything?
I must be, just can’t think of anything right now. Oh! I know I am allergic to unkind people – they bring me out in hives!!!
Three: If I was to quickly look at your profile pic, what would be the one thing I would never ever guess about you?
That I was blond most of my life. The red hair is part of me striving to be fabulous and be strong.
Four: Name the first lipstick shade name that comes to mind!
Five: Okay now join that name with the name of the first street you lived on, that’s your Superhero name! What power do you have and why?
Blushing Ballroom Rosemary – Well obviously this superhero can dance like a dream and forget the cares of her life while dancing. The real superpower I would like to have is to make people feel good about themselves despite what they are dealing with.
Six: What is the one thing you cannot stand to be around? (a certain smell/place/animal/insect?)
I don’t really like the smell of raw meat – a butcher shop makes me feel sick! I was a vegetarian most of my life.
Seven: What beauty product did you cave and buy that totally didn’t work out for you?
Nothing comes to mind, but I know I do know that I have too many handcreams. I seem to buy lots of them, and then never get to use them up.
Eight: Is there a certain product/brand/place you rave about to everyone? It could even be a game or a book!
That’s easy Elizabeth Arden 8-hour cream. It is my go to solution for everything skin. I think friends and family are tired of hearing about it. It is a miracle cream.
Nine: Would you rather throw out your eyeshadow’s, pigments and palettes or your foundations, mascara’s and lipsticks?
It would be my lipsticks. I love them, but forget to apply them throughout the day, so am often bare lipped.
Ten: Is there a word/brand you were told you have been saying wrong the entire time? (I thought Morphe was pronounced Morphe not Morph-ee)
Took me a long time to learn to say lingerie as a child. I think I was in my twenties before I learnt how to pronounce it!
Eleven: Name one person on Instagram or Youtube that you admire.
I haven’t explored Youtube enough yet. My summer project! – so watch this space.
I do love Tedtalks – so inspiring.
11 Random facts about me
- I have 2 different colour eyes – one blue and one green
- I am a middle child
- I tell everyone (and honestly secretly believe) that I can talk dog! I am sure I understand them and that they understand me
- I have a really boy/techie side to me
- Through my son – I have developed a huge interest into the psychology of video games.
- I have a number of tiaras/crowns (perhaps that isn’t a big secret)
- I am very untidy
- Friends are my real wealth
- I had serious imaginary friends as a child
- I pretended to be my brother’s twin for a good few years (and he is 6 years younger than me!)
- I love to paint
I am nominating 11 bloggers – I hope you haven’t done this before …
(May I just say I have loved this research – could read blogs all day!)
- Did you have a nickname as a child – and what was it?
- Did you have an imaginary friend? Tell us please?
- Where do you come in your family? Is it a good or bad thing
- TV guilty pleasure
- Your best bathtime routine – favourite products, scented candles ….
- Quote that defines your life
- Your favourite exercise
- Have you ever considered online dating?
- What triggered your first blog post
- What beauty product in your make-up bag makes you feel really special
- The book that changed your life?